Sunday, May 29, 2005

Hammerjack

I posted my review of Hammerjack by Marc D. Giller. I enjoyed the novel, with mild reservations. I couldn't help but be reminded of Snow Crash, Blade Runner, Richard K. Morgan's work and The Matrix (the first film, not so much the two sequels that should have either been one movie or not made at all) as I was reading the book. Overall, very impressive and a promising debut novel.

The weekly stash consisted of Green Lantern #1, Flash #212, Batman #640, JLA #114, OMAC #2 and The Incredible Hulk #81. All solid superhero stories. The more I read of Greg Rucka, the more I like, I think I'm going to have to get my hands on some of his novels and his Queen & Country stuff from Oni Press. I also really like what Judd Winick is doing with Batman, Peter David brought his return to the Hulk to a nice close, but of course left some unanswered questions. Green Lantern was very good, even though it was a more quick read than I would have liked.

I'm hoping to see Revenge of the Sith tomorrow, and hopefully, the crowd won't be too large.

No comments: