Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Connection has Been Bridged

My internet connection at home has been veeery shaky lately, I’ve had DSL for 3+ years where I’m at now and a couple of years in my previous residence. It just stopped working about a week ago, so I upgraded to cable internet. So far so good.

Right, in that time, I’ve been unable to post my review of Gregory Frost’s Shadowbridge. Fortunately, I did that last night. The book was pretty powerful and is one of those that has a lasting effect. That is, it stays with you long after you’ve put it down. The sequel/conclusion, Lord Tophet, publishes later this year.

I received a really nice looking book from Del Rey yesterday: Elric, the Stealer of Souls. Even though I’ve read the Elric stories in a couple of different books before, this collection (first of a series) looks to be the best of the bunch despite liking the White Wolf editions from a couple of years back. With a striking cover and interior art by John Picacio, this edition also sports an introduction by Alan Moore. Furthermore, there are some “historical” snapshots of Elric, such as magazine covers of Science Fantasy where the stories first appeared as well as the cover of one of the early editions of Stormbringer. Even if you already have one of the Elric collections, this is worth having.

No comments: